New Form I-9 eAlert
On July 17, 2017, The United States Citizenship and USCIS released a new Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. The new Form I-9 is available for download on our website and HR Support Center. Please click here to download the new form.
Employers are able to use this revised version immediately, but may continue using the Form I-9 with a revision date of 11/14/16 through September 17, 2017. Beginning September 18, employers must use the revised form with a revision date of 07/17/17 for all new employees.
The revisions to the Form I-9 are minor and employers will not need to change their processes.
Revisions to the Form I-9 Instructions:
- The name of the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices has been changed to its new name, Immigrant and Employee Rights Section.
- The words “the end of” have been removed from the phrase “the first day of employment.”
- Revisions related to the List of Acceptable Documents on Form I-9:
- The Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) has been added to List C.
- All the certifications of report of birth issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545, Form DS-1350, and Form FS-240) have been combined into selection C#2 in List C.
- All List C documents except the Social Security card have been renumbered.
Bayview Payroll Services
A Florida Payroll Company
(954) 299-5978 | email@example.com